ProfessionalDevelopment Committee of the Saskatoon Chapter of the Business and Professional Women Club; Past Chair of the Saskatoon Chapter of the Children’s International Summer Villages; Member of the Youth/Education/Training committee of the Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce; Member of the Canadian Council for Small Business and Entrepreneurship; Mentor with the Raj Manek Mentorship Program; Member of Saskatchewan Trade and Export Partnership; Member of Cold Lake, Bonnyville, and Lac La Biche Chambers of Commerce
- Masters of Business Administration, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, 1995
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, 1978 Major: Sociology with a focus on Criminology
- 2011 Recipient of the Business Woman of the Year Award Consumer Choice Awards Saskatoon
- 2010 Finalist for the ATHENA Award
- 2009 Finalist for Business Leader of the Year in Saskatchewan
- 2009 Nominated for RBC Canadian Woman Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2008 YWCA Woman of Distinction in the Entrepreneurship Category
- 2008 Most Supportive Business Advisory Board member of the year for ace Canada.
- 2008 Top Ten Women of Influence in Saskatchewan
- 2007 Canadian Youth Business Foundation Community Partner of the Year
- 2007 Most Supportive Individual for ace: Saskatchewan (Advancing Canadian Entrepreneurship – national network of student run clubs)
Vice President, Global Infobrokers Inc.
Director and Principal, Praxis International Institute
- Member of The Saskatoon Club
- Member of Craik Sustainable Living Project
- Member of the Rivergreen Eco Village – an eco friendly live work space in Saskatoon
- Facilitator for design charette with Rivergreen Eco Village during design stages
- Member of CISV (Children’s International Summer Villages) Saskatoon Chapter recently returned from volunteer project in Colombia
- Member of the YMCA
- Past Vice-President/President of the Saskatoon Young Entrepreneurs Association
- Past Vice-President and President of Spadina Childcare Co-Operative
Conferences and Papers
- Presenter to Engineering School in Orisa, India 2011
- Presenter to Entrepreneurship Class in Babson College, Massachusetts, USA 2010
- Keynote speaker, Entrepreneurship Education Conference, Mumbai, India 2009
- Speaker, Entrepreneurship Education Conference, Germany 2009
- Presented a workshop on Entrepreneurship as a Career Option at the International Council on Small Business – Halifax, Canada 2008
- Facilitator for a workshop on Green Entrepreneurship at the MIT Global Startup workshop – Madrid, Spain – 2008
- Presented a workshop on Cross Cultural Entrepreneurship at the MIT Global Startup workshop – Trondheim, Norway – 2007
- Presented at the MIT Global Startup workshop – Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – 2005
- Presented a paper on the constraints of using text based models for distance learning at the 2004 Distance Education Technology Symposium in Banff.
- Presented a paper on recognizing client learning styles at the Distance Education Technologies Symposium, 2004
- Presented a paper on introducing entrepreneurship into the public school system at the National WestCast educational conference, 1996
- Presented a brief to the National Task Force on Childcare, 1986, Saskatoon
- Masters of Distance Education, Athabasca University, Athabasca, Alberta, 2008
Areas of specialty: adult education; entrepreneurial training; distance learning
- Bachelor of Education, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, 1995:
- Bachelor of Applied Arts, Ryerson Polytechnical Institute, Toronto, Ontario, 1984
Major: Film and Photography.
Top ten Canadian finalist for the Dell Small Business technology award 2008.